I'm just going to list facts here until I get tired of doing so.
- I'm a 26 year old white woman living in Oakland,
- I'm a vegetarian, though not a pushy one.
- I'm a cat
person, but I can't have cats where I'm living now. I had a cat when I
lived in Franklin, Indiana named Gryffyn, but he's not a good traveller
and so went to live with my mom and her 7 other cats when I moved.
fancy myself a writer, although it's becoming increasingly obvious that I
lack the self-discipline to write much at this age.
- What keeps me
going when I'm down is the thought that I'll improve with age. I'm really
looking forward to age 40.
- I read quite a bit. I seem to be reading a lot of speculative
fiction/sci-fi/fantasy, but I also like mainstream novels. Recently, I've
discovered I love the short story form, and have been reading
- I am currently poly-amorous, though I don't really have
a primary relationship. I was dating David, who was also dating Mary
Anne, for most of last year (1998). That was, well, a learning
- I'm what you'd call a girly-girl, although on the
Butch-Femme test, I score as a "soft androgyne".
- I discovered
gardening this past summer, and had a glorious vegetable and flower garden
that I shared with David (yes, that David; we're still close friends).
- I wear a lot of skirts and dresses. I prefer comfortable-yet-stylish
shoes like Dansko clogs or Birkenstock clogs.
- I like sex.
- I write for Clean Sheets, which is an online,
erotic magazine. I write the how-to column, mainly because I once wrote
this rather fetching article on how to give blowjobs. I don't know that
I'm really qualified, at 26, to tell others about sex. But I enjoy it
(sex, that is) and I pay attention, and I try to make that come across
when writing about it.
- I took dance classes (tap, jazz, acrobatics and
ballet) starting around age 6 or 7. I'm a good dancer, even if I don't
look like one.
- I am tall, with dyed red hair that hangs to my waist
right now. I am not slender, but more what you'd call curvy. And I
finally am happy with that.
- I hate intellectual snobs. I don't care
what Ivy League school you went to, if you think that makes you a higher
class of person, you've just sunk way low in my opinion of