Analysts will note that the first items in the cheese chronology of events that helped make America cheesy are products that seem cheesy now, after their newness has worn off. The most recent entries are scandals, easier to identify because they are cheesy from the moment we learn about them.
- 1941: Invention of polyester
- 1947: Reddi Wip, first aerosol food product, introduced.
- 1951: Tupperware begins its home parties program.
- 1955: Disneyland opens.
- 1963: Weight Watchers founded.
- 1968: Richard Nixon on "Laugh-In."1969: Waterbeds introduced.
- 1974: People magazine debuts,
- 1981: Designer Jeans
- 1985: We Are The World"
- 1987: Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker Scandal.
- 1990: Mayor Marion Barry arrested.
- 1992: Woody Allen leaves Mia Farrow for Soon-Yi.
- 1993: Bobbitts debut.
- 1994: Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding compete.
Personals: Leah Garchik San Francisco Chronicle Datebook, Monday, July 31,
1995 GQ magazine celebrating "Cheese Nation: How we all got to be more like
The Stink-Key--- HomePage